- Location: Medford, Massachusetts and various unanticipated Client sites
- Sector: Semiconductor
What’s In It For You?
- Recognition And Reward
- Inclusive And Diverse Culture
- Career Development And Progression
- Global Client Projects
- Global Travel Opportunities
- Benefits Especially For You – Medical And Dental Insurance, 401k Retirement Plan, Maternity/Paternity Leave, Training And Educational Assistance
- Work With The Most Innovative Technologies
LotusWorks exists to support world-leading organisations with engineering and technical expertise for over 34 years. LotusWorks work in partnership with its clients specialising in Commissioning, Calibration and Operations and Maintenance work scopes.
Our 650+ strong staff work across 24 locations in EMEA & North America gaining exposure to the very latest technologies and innovations. At LotusWorks, we believe that embracing a diverse and inclusive culture is integral to our people first strategy. With people from 20 unique nationalities throughout our teams across the globe, we are proud of the diverse array of cultures and continuously ensure employees culture is recognised and celebrated throughout the business.
We lead by putting our people first and we are dedicated to supporting employees in developing their careers within the company, so that each LotusWorker can reach their full potential.
Your Job Purpose:
As a Site MEP Superintendent working with the LotusWorks team, you will join our client site in the Semiconductor sector. This job is based in a cutting-edge facility in Medford, Massachusetts as well as various unanticipated Client sites.
Working as a member of the project management team providing supervision and oversight of construction upgrades and retrofits in an operational mission critical facility. Upgrades include; Electrical, Controls, IT & HVAC systems to deliver mission critical infrastructure to meet clients’ master specifications.
Your Job Description:
- Responsible for planning and scheduling, coordination of all inspections, commissioning, change management, quality control and assurance, and job-site safety.
- Participate in company proposals and project interviews to provide a clear understanding of project pursuits which will ensure client satisfaction.
- Understand and review all types of construction documents and resolve discrepancies to ensure constructability.
- Develop and manage project schedules including Primavera, eight week look-ahead schedules and pull-planning efforts.
- Implement plans to ensure all vendors, materials, equipment and inspections support the project schedule.
- Develop, implement, and manage site logistic plans.
- Effectively manage the utilization of project tools and equipment.
- Supervise project trade partners (craft, subcontractors, vendors) and manage and track their task readiness, work progress, and quality of installation.
- Provide high-level management of safety, quality and schedule/risk compliance for the project and team members.
- Study contract documents and specifications to ensure the end result meets clients’ specifications.
- Manage the commissioning of Electrical, Controls, IT & HVAC systems to deliver mission critical infrastructure to meet clients’ master specifications.
- Will supervise 8 to 10 subordinate employees such as Project Engineers, Electrical Superintendents, Mechanical Superintendents, General Foremen, Foremen, Journeyman Workers, Electricians, Plumbers, Sheet Metal Workers.
- Bachelor’s degree (or Foreign Equivalent) in Construction Management, Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Engineering Technology or related field, plus 3 years of MEP construction experience working with Electrical, Mechanical, Control, IT and integration systems in a semiconductor environment, pharmaceutical grade equipment environment or telecommunication technology environment.
- In the alternative, employer will accept 5 years of MEP construction experience working with Electrical, Mechanical, Control, IT and integration systems in a semiconductor environment, pharmaceutical grade equipment environment or telecommunication technology environment. Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable.
- Experience may be gained concurrently and must include the following:
- 3 years’ experience with any MEP scope.
- 3 years’ experience in the installation and commissioning of control systems including BMS(Building management systems) & EPMS(Electrical Power Monitoring Systems).
- 3 years’ experience reading blueprints, one-lines, master specifications and other construction documents, specific to an MEP scope.
- 3 years’ supervisory experience with project partners (craft, subcontractors, vendors).
- 3 years’ experience with scheduling software platforms, such as MS Project, Primavera P6.
- 3 years’ experience with Autodesk BIM 360 Field and Glue platforms.
- Must be willing to work on Medford, MA and various unanticipated Client sites.
Proud To Be:
- People First Company
- Certified Commissioning Firm
- High Wire Safety
- LEED Accredited Projects
Benefits Just For You:
- Medical And Dental Insurance
- Life, Short-Term, Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Training And Educational Assistance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Extra Annual Leave With Years Of Experience
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Recognition Rewards
*Position is Eligible for Employee Referral Program.
LotusWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.