- Location: Chandler, Arizona
- Sector: Semiconductor
What’s In It For You?
- Recognition And Reward
- Inclusive And Diverse Culture
- Career Development And Progression
- Global Client Projects
- Global Travel Opportunities
- Benefits Especially For You – Medical And Dental Insurance, 401k Retirement Plan, Maternity/Paternity Leave, Training And Educational Assistance
- Work With The Most Innovative Technologies
LotusWorks exists to support world-leading organizations with engineering and technical expertise for over 34 years. LotusWorks work in partnership with its clients specializing in Commissioning, Calibration and Operations and Maintenance work scopes.
Our 650+ strong staff work across 24 locations in EMEA & North America gaining exposure to the very latest technologies and innovations. At LotusWorks, we believe that embracing a diverse and inclusive culture is integral to our people first strategy. With people from 20 unique nationalities throughout our teams across the globe, we are proud of the diverse array of cultures and continuously ensure employees culture is recognized and celebrated throughout the business.
We lead by putting our people first and we are dedicated to supporting employees in developing their careers within the company, so that each LotusWorker can reach their full potential.
Your Job Purpose:
As a Project Energy Engineer working with the LotusWorks team, you will join our client site in the Semiconductor sector. This job is based in a cutting-edge facility in Chandler, Arizona.
Your Job Description:
The Project Energy Engineer is accountable for delivery of energy efficiency improvements on facilities and related assets and system.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide Facilities engineering leadership to the site organizations in support of Safety, Reliability, Quality, Environmental and Cost objectives.
- Provide subject matter expertise in your engineering discipline area.
- Own safety within area of influence.
- Energy Management Program.
- Co-ordinate cross discipline teams and support employees to participate in energy program through workshops or other engagements to capture opportunities for improvement.
- Detailed analysis and review of energy use, efficiency, and performance on assets or systems.
- Partnering with engineers for asset energy performance management including developing energy performance indicators with appropriate variables for performance improvement and operational control.
- Communication with, buy in from, and recognition of, stakeholders to deliver on goals.
- Development of, and delivery of energy training and energy use/efficiency awareness & reporting.
- Energy Efficiency Opportunity Development.
- Provide technical leadership to initiate, and partner with discipline engineers to scope and develop energy efficiency opportunities.
- Carry out measurements, engineering calculations and feasibility studies to determine energy efficiency project viability to progress to design and implementation.
- Development of Measurement and Verification Plans to IPMVP/ISO 50006 standards.
- Review construction designs for energy efficiency and energy efficiency updates to design specifications.
- Review and challenge cost estimates, budgets and ROI analysis; work on multiple projects and opportunities concurrently.
- Overlook projects to meet design criteria, scope, budget, and schedule.
- Effective collaboration with Project Managers and other Project Engineers and contractors on new construction/renovation projects to deliver retrofit projects.
- Collaborate with construction and operations teams to coordinate work in the field.
- Collaborate with Business Units and local site operations teams to develop robust business continuity plans for energy supply interruptions/restrictions.
- Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Hon) or Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, Electrical, Energy Engineering or similar discipline
- 5+ years of relevant job experience
- Accredited as a AEE Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and CMVP (preferred)
- In-depth knowledge of the design, operation, and control of systems: including chillers, air handlers, exhaust systems, boilers, compressed air; pumping, in such applications as industry, cleanroom, data centres, and office buildings.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with ability to achieve results by.
- Subject matter expert with demonstrated ability to challenge boundary conditions and develop energy efficiency solutions. Understanding of energy use and operational energy efficiency improvement strategies. Good understanding of rest of world practices with respect to energy efficiency and how these practices would be reapplied.
- Energy modelling, data analysis, instrumentation, and metering use for variance identification to improve efficiency. Have excellent computer skills, Excel, SQL, PowerBI, strong data analysis and statistical process analysis capabilities. Measurement, Instrument and Control, use and calibration, PLC, and SCADA programming.
- Experience of construction project management, project costing.
Proud To Be:
- People First Company
- Certified Commissioning Firm
- High Wire Safety
- LEED Accredited Projects
Benefits Just For You:
- Medical And Dental Insurance
- Life, Short-Term, Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Training And Educational Assistance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Extra Annual Leave With Years Of Experience
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Recognition Rewards
LotusWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.