- Location: Medford, Massachusetts and various unanticipated Client sites
- Sector: Semiconductor
What’s In It For You?
- Recognition And Reward
- Inclusive And Diverse Culture
- Career Development And Progression
- Global Client Projects
- Global Travel Opportunities
- Benefits Especially For You – Medical And Dental Insurance, 401k Retirement Plan, Maternity/Paternity Leave, Training And Educational Assistance
- Work With The Most Innovative Technologies
LotusWorks exists to support world-leading organizations with engineering and technical expertise for over 34 years. LotusWorks work in partnership with its clients specializing in Commissioning, Calibration and Operations and Maintenance work scopes.
Our 650+ strong staff work across 24 locations in EMEA & North America gaining exposure to the very latest technologies and innovations. At LotusWorks, we believe that embracing a diverse and inclusive culture is integral to our people first strategy. With people from 20 unique nationalities throughout our teams across the globe, we are proud of the diverse array of cultures and continuously ensure employees culture is recognized and celebrated throughout the business.
We lead by putting our people first and we are dedicated to supporting employees in developing their careers within the company, so that each LotusWorker can reach their full potential.
Your Job Purpose:
As a Lead Instrumentation and Controls Commissioning Engineer working with the LotusWorks team, you will join our client site in the Semiconductor sector. This job is based in a cutting-edge facility in Medford, Massachusetts and various unanticipated Client sites.
You will be responsible for management and execution of the Instrumentation and Controls Commissioning scope including, design review, document management, functional test development, performing functional testing, scheduling and assigning functional testing to others and handover for all instrumentation and controls equipment and documents used to control and monitor the mechanical and control systems maintaining the cleanroom manufacturing environment.
Your Job Description:
- Creating and performing Functional Acceptance Testing (FAT) followed by troubleshooting issues found during testing followed by providing solutions.
- Meeting people on a daily basis to both give and receive updates on the progress of jobs.
- Creating schedules for others and allotting their time accordingly.
- Assigning tasks to others based on their skill set and abilities and helping/training people to advance those skills and abilities.
- Performing FAT's on PLC's and VSD's to verify proper operation before handing over to Client and troubleshooting any issues found during or even after FAT is complete.
- Operating SCADA as part of FAT testing to manipulate systems and the instruments within these systems in order to validate they operate and function correctly.
- Perform FAT testing and troubleshooting using HART communicator.
- Walking down and perform FAT testing of instruments and equipment which are monitoring and controlling these systems.
- Working in cleanroom space which involves gowning up in a certain order and high standard along with proper wipe-down of equipment needed in clean space.
- Scheduling and performing Room Ready walks with GC and Client.
- Monitoring and updating the project tracker software EXTO as required.
- Creating and attending Microsoft Teams meetings.
- Creating, maintaining and presenting progress reports on Excel.
- Taking meeting minutes and composing reports on Word.
- Will supervise 10 subordinate employees such as Instrumentation and Controls Technicians.
- Bachelor’s degree (or Foreign Equivalent) in Construction Management, Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Engineering Technology or related field, plus 3 years of experience as an Instrumentation and Controls Commissioning Engineer, Instrumentation and Controls Technician/Lead, Calibration Technician or a related occupation.
- In the alternative, employer will accept 5 years of experience as an Instrumentation and Controls Commissioning Engineer, Instrumentation and Controls Technician/Lead, Calibration Technician or a related occupation. Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable.
- 3 years of Instrumentation and Controls experience in the Semiconductor or High-Tech Technology industry.
- 3 years' experience working with PLC's (Programable Logic Controllers) and VSD's (Variable Speed Drive).
- 3 years' experience working with SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems.
- 3 years' experience working with HART (Highway Addressable Remote Transducer) communicator.
- 3 years' cleanroom experience with gowning and wipe-down protocol.
- 3 years' experience of working on HVAC (Make-Up Air Handlers, Recirculation Air Handlers, Humidification Skids, Exhaust Fans, etc.).
- 3 years' experience of working on Water Treatment systems (Ultra Pure Water and the many stages associated with it such as, Multi Media Filters, Reverse Osmosis, Ion Exchangers, etc.).
- 3 years' experience of working on Waste Treatment systems (Acid Waste Neutralization, Acid Scrubbers Towers, etc.).
- Must be proficient on EXTO (Intel’s commissioning progress tracking software).
- Must have in-depth knowledge of OSHA guidelines surrounding safe construction practices.
Proud To Be:
- People First Company
- Certified Commissioning Firm
- High Wire Safety
- LEED Accredited Projects
Benefits Just For You:
- Medical And Dental Insurance
- Life, Short-Term, Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Training And Educational Assistance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Extra Annual Leave With Years Of Experience
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Recognition Rewards
LotusWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Position is Eligible for Employee Referral Program.
To Apply, Please Reference Job Code: Lotus063