- Location: Medford, MA and various unanticipated client sites.
- Sector: Semiconductor
What’s In It For You?
- Recognition And Reward
- Inclusive And Diverse Culture
- Career Development And Progression
- Global Client Projects
- Global Travel Opportunities
- Benefits Especially For You – Medical And Dental Insurance, 401k Retirement Plan, Maternity/Paternity Leave, Training And Educational Assistance
- Work With The Most Innovative Technologies
LotusWorks exists to support world-leading organizations with engineering and technical expertise for over 34 years. LotusWorks work in partnership with its clients specializing in Commissioning, Calibration and Operations and Maintenance work scopes.
Our 650+ strong staff work across 24 locations in EMEA & North America gaining exposure to the very latest technologies and innovations. At LotusWorks, we believe that embracing a diverse and inclusive culture is integral to our people first strategy. With people from 20 unique nationalities throughout our teams across the globe, we are proud of the diverse array of cultures and continuously ensure employees culture is recognized and celebrated throughout the business.
We lead by putting our people first and we are dedicated to supporting employees in developing their careers within the company, so that each LotusWorker can reach their full potential.
Your Job Description:
Will supervise the field installation of instrumentation, PLCs and associated wiring and networks.
- Maintain contractor, subcontractor, and trades worker awareness of the dangers of construction and encourage the continuous vigilance in providing a safe work environment for all workers through the promotion of the safety culture.
- Have complete knowledge of the terms of the construction documents; including the complete drawings; specifications; addenda; change documents; and any other pertinent documents.
- Assist the Construction Manager in the development of the overall project schedule; assist in the periodic updating of this schedule throughout the course of construction.
- Coordinate the I&C sub-contractors field superintendent’s daily activities to align with the project schedule and priorities.
- Attend weekly work group meetings, review and update the schedule with construction manager, review RFI’s, change orders.
- Maintain standards and specs set by client for buyoffs on all phases of I&C system installation.
- Ensure that I&C installations are performed in accordance with master specifications, standard installation details, state and local codes.
- Assist trades in identifying and solving construction problems.
- Perform all necessary inspections and support the startup efforts of the mechanical and control systems.
- Ensure loop checking and pre-inspection of instrumentation, PLC’s and networks is completed and testing and verification documentation from contractors and vendors is complete.
Bachelor’s degree (or Foreign Equivalent) in Construction Management, Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Engineering Technology or related field, plus 3 years’ experience as an I&C Superintendent, Electrical and Instrumentation Commissioning Engineer/Completions Lead, Test and Commissioning Engineer/Manager or a related occupation.
In the alternative, employer will accept 5 years of experience as an I&C Superintendent, Electrical and Instrumentation Commissioning Engineer/Completions Lead, Test and Commissioning Engineer/Manager or a related occupation. Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable.
Experience may be gained concurrently and must include the following:
- 3 years’ commissioning experience or comparable technical experience.
- 3 years’ experience with the installation of instrumentation and control systems including programmable logic controllers (PLCs), instrument loops, flow, pressure temperature, level, and humidity transmitters, and control valves.
- 3 years of experience reading P&ID’s, follow proper methods, procedures, and safety precautions.
- 3 years’ experience performing I&C acceptance testing.
- 3 years’ experience of commissioning of complex systems.
- 3 years’ experience representing safety as a priority.
- 3 years’ project supervision experience including customer validation meetings and project meetings.
- 3 years' experience reviewing design drawings and documents.
- 3 years’ experience in QA/QC.
Proud To Be:
- People First Company
- Certified Commissioning Firm
- High Wire Safety
- LEED Accredited Projects
Benefits Just For You:
- Medical And Dental Insurance
- Life, Short-Term, Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Training And Educational Assistance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Extra Annual Leave With Years Of Experience
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Recognition Rewards
LotusWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Position is eligible for employee referral program.
To apply, please reference Job Code: Lotus041