- Location: Chandler, Arizona
- Sector: Semiconductor
What’s In It For You?
- Recognition And Reward
- Inclusive And Diverse Culture
- Career Development And Progression
- Global Client Projects
- Global Travel Opportunities
- Benefits Especially For You – Medical And Dental Insurance, 401k Retirement Plan, Maternity/Paternity Leave, Training And Educational Assistance
- Work With The Most Innovative Technologies
LotusWorks exists to support world-leading organizations with engineering and technical expertise for over 34 years. LotusWorks work in partnership with its clients specializing in Commissioning, Calibration and Operations and Maintenance work scopes.
Our 650+ strong staff work across 24 locations in EMEA & North America gaining exposure to the very latest technologies and innovations. At LotusWorks, we believe that embracing a diverse and inclusive culture is integral to our people first strategy. With people from 20 unique nationalities throughout our teams across the globe, we are proud of the diverse array of cultures and continuously ensure employees culture is recognized and celebrated throughout the business.
We lead by putting our people first and we are dedicated to supporting employees in developing their careers within the company, so that each LotusWorker can reach their full potential.
Your Job Purpose:
As an Electrical Power Distribution Engineer working with the LotusWorks team, you will join our client site operations in a cutting-edge facility in Chandler, Arizona
Your Job Description:
- Primarily act as a system owner of the site's electrical operations and associated distribution system. Systems include: Incoming municipality power, switchgear, 480V and 120V power distribution systems, continuous power, emergency power, UPS systems, generators, etc.
- Model the electrical power distribution system and track changes; Troubleshooting electrical system problems, conducting breaker coordination and arc flash studies, track electrical load and capacity, utilizing EasyPower system software.
- Deliver operational efficiency, maintenance, testing, and commissioning solutions; identify, qualify, and implement system upgrades; provide technical leadership to 3rd party support; respond to power outages and disturbances and lead the recovery effort; participate in cross site teams.
- Track, trend and analyze electrical system usage utilizing PME and ION power monitoring software. Some travel and rotational on call weekend engineering support will also be required.
- Review and approve all electrical designs supporting the facility, effective collaboration with Project Managers and Project Engineers, architects, engineers and contractors on new construction/renovation projects.
- Reviewing electrical design specifications, submittals, studies and drawings; possessing thorough knowledge of low and medium voltage electrical distribution systems including transformers, low voltage substations, generators, and UPS systems, ability to review and challenge cost estimates, budgets and ROI analysis.
- Possess a good knowledge of the latest NEC codes, including life safety and building code, with skills to read and interpret design drawings and specifications.
- Help maintain the facilities document control system by ensuring electrical as-built drawings are incorporated into the master CAD drawings.
- Ensure electrical system model is up to date and all construction specifications, as-builts, O and M manuals and submittals are received after project close out.
- Help maintain and organize the document control storage area for fast retrieval of information (drawings, specifications, manuals, etc.).
- Work closely with Project Engineers, contractors and engineers on project design and close out documentation.
- Coordinate and oversee work of external consultant's CAD support.
- Provide input, support and validation of design and industrial engineering support on projects.
- Organize, set up and maintain a CAD/document control system.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with 3+ years of experience, or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering with 1+ year of experience.
- Commitment to safety, for yourself and those are around you.
- Skills to collaborate effectively with a diverse, high-performing team to achieve challenging goals.
- Willingness to work on multiple projects and issues concurrently.
- Curiosity and a predisposition for learning and problem solving.
- Maintenance, design, and/or operation of electrical switchgear, transformers, VFD's, diesel generators, static/rotary UPS, and low voltage distribution equipment.
- Low and medium voltage electrical power system (35kV and 12.47) maintenance, design, and/or operation. This includes electrical modeling, reviewing equipment drawings and submittals, troubleshooting electrical equipment issues, implementing protective device coordination studies, and load flow analysis.
- Computer software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Communicating tactical concepts across a wide range of employees; engineering peers to operational technicians to management.
- Leading and working in a project team environment.
- NFPA 70E, OSHA 10, Arc Flash Training (preferred).
Proud To Be:
- People First Company
- Certified Commissioning Firm
- High Wire Safety
- LEED Accredited Projects
Benefits Just For You:
- Medical And Dental Insurance
- Life, Short-Term, Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Training And Educational Assistance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Extra Annual Leave With Years Of Experience
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Recognition Rewards
LotusWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.