As a Construction/Commissioning Coordinator working with the LotusWorks team, you will join our client site in the semiconductor sector. This job is based in Medford, MA.
In your role as Construction/Commissioning Coordinator you will be responsible for monitoring construction projects to ensure completion within approved budgets and schedules, regulatory, environmental, and health and safety requirements. You will also ensure clear and effective communication and coordination between owners, field personnel, design team, maintenance and outside contractors.
- Study and understand drawings and specifications, review and understand existing industrial/commercial system configurations, develop work schedule for installation of new industrial systems, field oversight to multiple industrial systems contractors, quality assurance of work being put in place, oversee equipment and system testing and commissioning.
- Participate in closeout meetings between Architect/Engineer and Contractor.
- Develop and manage various aspects of contract documents including plans, submittals, change orders and as-built.
- Maintain and track all field related action items such as; minutes of contractor safety meetings, contractors' superintendent's daily reports, weather log, punch list activities and verify completion.
- Utilize software management tools to maintain all project documentation.
- Review and assist contractor with QA/QC manual to ensure compliance with general conditions of contract documents.
- Maintain coordination between all separate contractors onsite so work on those contracts may be carried out smoothly, without interference or delay.
- Maintain Observation Report logs, Daily Reports, and Progress Photos. Attend Pre-Construction conference addressing site related issue/concerns to contractor.
- Coordinate punch list work Assist in review of A/E drawings & specifications for constructability, logistics, and quality issues.
- Assist project team in developing individual trade scopes of work.
- Coordinate with Project Manager, Preconstruction Manager(s) and SPM’s to make sure constructability review is produced and incorporated into the contract documents.
- Coordinate with Project Manager to establish construction milestones to be incorporated into the preconstruction schedule.
- Review Closeout Checklist with Project Manager for items needed from Contractor.
- Train engineers to learn qualification procedures and signoff.
- Complete equipment matching, software upgrade and equipment availability tracking.
- Support engineers, resolve equipment and process issues and provide PM training for technicians to become certified.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Building Science, Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field plus 5 years of progressive experience in the job offered or a related occupation.
- 3 years of experience in the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
- On-site management in new construction and large renovation projects in a semiconductor environment;
- Monitoring construction projects to ensure completion within approved budgets and schedules regulatory, environmental, and health and safety requirements;
- Developing work schedules for installation of new industrial systems;
- Overseeing equipment and system testing and commission; and
- Experience in the following software management tools: P6 Primavera and VEO or similar.
- Must be willing to work on Medford, MA and various unanticipated client sites.
*Position is eligible for employee referral program.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Healthcare Spending or Reimbursement Accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Education Assistance/ Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Life/AD&D Insurance
LotusWorks is a trusted partner to the world’s leading companies in North America and Europe for over three decades. Our technical and engineering talent work on client sites to support world-class manufacturing. LotusWorks is a multi-award-winning company and is renowned for engineering expertise in the construction of facilities in the Semiconductor, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Datacenter sectors.
LotusWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.