- Location: Galway
- Sector: Medical Device
- Duration: Permanent
What’s In It For You?
- Recognition And Reward
- Inclusive And Diverse Culture
- Career Development And Progression
- Global Client Projects
- Global Travel Opportunities
- Benefits Especially For You – Pension Contribution, Health Insurance, Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Work With The Most Innovative Technologies
LotusWorks exists to support world-leading organisations with engineering and technical expertise for over 34 years. LotusWorks work in partnership with its clients specialising in Commissioning, Calibration and Operations and Maintenance work scopes.
Our 650+ strong staff work across 24 locations in EMEA & North America gaining exposure to the very latest technologies and innovations. At LotusWorks, we believe that embracing a diverse and inclusive culture is integral to our people first strategy. With people from 20 unique nationalities throughout our teams across the globe, we are proud of the diverse array of cultures and continuously ensure employees culture is recognised and celebrated throughout the business.
We lead by putting our people first and we are dedicated to supporting employees in developing their careers within the company, so that each LotusWorker can reach their full potential.
Your Job Purpose:
As a Process Technician working with the LotusWorks team, you will join our client site in the Medical Device sector. This job is based in a cutting-edge facility in Galway.
Part of core team to respond to equipment, yield, and process related issues, implement corrective and preventative actions to eliminate repeat instances.
Your Job Description:
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting, standardizing, and improving existing production methods and procedures.
- Yield Management – Ability to manage yield on an hour-by-hour basis and analyze trends and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Problem Solving – Formal problem solving is desirable.
- Strong mechanical problem-solving skills essential. Follow systematic root cause problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance, completing all associated paperwork and records.
- Work on Electronic troubleshooting, Pneumatic, P.L.C. programming, electronic hardware interfacing
- Effective analysis and elimination of recurring equipment problems.
- Design, specify, manufacture, test and document production equipment, changes, and improvements.
- Assist ME’s in investigating and implementing new production methods.
- Assist ME’s in design methods, part sourcing and documentation.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health, or safety issues to their manager.
- NFQ Level 8 Qualified in a relevant area with a minimum of three years’ relevant experience.
- Electrical competency would be an advantage.
- Strong electromechanical experience required.
- Drives continuous improvement efforts.
- Proven ability to work well both as part of a team but also able to work on own with minimum supervision.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a proven track record.
- Microsoft office proficient – ability to analyze data in excel and draw logical conclusions.
- Montrac or catheter manufacturing experience desirable
- Hydrophilic coating experience desirable
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
Proud To Be:
- 7 Consecutive Years A Great Place To Work
- 5 Consecutive Years Deloitte Best Managed Company
- Culturally Diverse Workforce
Benefits Just For You:
- VHI Healthcare Cover
- Life Assurance
- Pension Contribution
- Training And Educational Assistance
- Annual GP Check-Up
- Extra Annual Leave
- Healthcare Screening
- Recognition Rewards