As a Health and Safety Officer working with the LotusWorks team, you will join our client site in the Biologics sector. This job is based in a state-of-the-art, global facility in Dublin 15.
In your Health and Safety Officer role you will be responsible for developing and maintaining safety procedures, preparing risk assessments & method statements (RAMS), reviewing permits, reviewing vendor documentation, conducting training, and carrying out site inspections/audits and implementing corrective measures on our client site.
- Promote a continuous improvement culture in relation to all health & safety and environmental work practices on client sites.
- Conduct weekly toolbox talks/ shared learnings.
- Conduct regular site audits/ inspections to ensure safety operating procedures are adhered to at all times including vendor health and safety documentation.
- Ensure compliance with the following standards such as ISO 45001 standard, client site requirements and legal requirements.
- Ensure safety statements and required Risk Assessments & Method statements (RAMS) are available on sites.
- Carry out accident, incident investigations and root cause analysis studies.
- Supervise and manage health & safety and environmental documentation to support the Company’s integrated EHS management system.
- Deliver Health & Safety induction programmes and site specific training for personnel working on site.
- Represent at client site meetings when required for safety performance, safety projects and risk assessments reporting.
- Report monthly safety related scorecard to the EHS Lead (e.g.) Metrics Accident/ Incident, Training, Good Catch data.
- Third level education in health & safety or related discipline is required.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in Health and Safety.
- Qualification as a manual handling instructor this would be an advantage.
- Safe pass would be an advantage.
- Experience in leading and carrying out Risk Assessments & Method statements.
- Ability to deliver training modules to all levels of the organisation.
- Highly motivated with excellent attention to professional H&S standards.
- Ability to work in a team environment and can engage, motivate and work with people.
- Excellent organisational & communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Instructor Training within the role will include:
- Manual Handling
- Abrasive Wheels
- Working at Height
- VHI Healthcare Cover
- Life Assurance
- Pension Contribution
- Training & Educational Assistance (Engineers Ireland CPD Members)
- Annual GP Check-Up
- Extra Annual Leave
- Healthcare Screening
LotusWorks is a trusted partner to the world’s leading companies in Europe and North America since 1989. Our technical and engineering talent work on client sites to support world-class manufacturing. LotusWorks is a multi-award-winning company and is recognised as a Great Place to Work.
For more information on this job or building your career with LotusWorks, call our Talent Specialist’s on +353 71 91 69 783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LotusWorks is proud to be listed a GPTW Best Workplaces 2017-2022.
LotusWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.