As an Electrical Technician working with the LotusWorks team, you will join our client site in the biotechnology sector. This job is based in a cutting-edge, international facility in Dundalk.
We require your Electrical expertise, join our team as an Electrical Technician based at a Biotech client green field site in in Dundalk. You will join the LotusWorks Electrical team and work with like-minded Electrical experts alongside a LotusWorks mechanical team based on the same site. The facility is state of the art and provides the opportunity to work on new equipment and world class processes. The project is at an early stage of construction within the industry’s fastest growing sectors.
Joining us means you will be working with the LotusWorks team as an Electrical Technician and will be involved with all electrical systems (high, medium and low voltage).
- Physical verification of single line diagrams in the field for accuracy.
- Standby and emergency generator operation, refuelling and routine preventative maintenance services according to site requirements.
- Equipotential bonding, grounding and bonding, Earth connection point identification and documentation posted on equipment, including all equipment and pipe work systems, to include Fall of Potential Ground Testing.
- Emergency lighting (central battery systems) supply, distribution and inspection, annual duration verification tests and repair, replacement including battery replacement as required.
- Transformer, Electrical Automation system (EAS), Electrical switching HV and LV.
- All site (internal and external) Lighting change out (bulbs, ballasts, fittings), regardless of access or height issue.
- Execute Discrimination Studies and Load Fault Studies to ensure correct operation of protective devices.
- Manage and execute Arc Flash studies on all panels > 400V and carry out all remedial actions.
- Visual and thermographic checks and repairs of all equipment including equipment panels, lighting/small power boards, main boards, and MCCs.
- Floor resistivity checks for anti-static floors and footwear static testers.
- Substations – Development and execution of Substation switching procedures. Substation maintenance including primary and secondary injection testing of circuit breakers.
- Emergency electrical systems – Maintain, inspect, test and repair all emergency electrical systems, UPS, Lighting, Clocks, Alarms, Remote Monitoring.
- Lightning Protection System –Testing, maintenance and repair/replacement.
- The successful candidate will have time served Electrical trades experience or Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering plus a minimum of 4 years’ experience.
- Highly skilled in mechanical and electrical and instrumentation disciplines.
- Experience and Skills:
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Experience in Electrical systems (high, medium and low voltage).
- You should be willing to work as part of a multi discipline team with a degree of cross skilling.
- You will be familiar with the Site services agreements and Warrantees and will make appropriate vendor support call-ins as required to support the business requirements.
- Literacy in Computer Operating Systems and applications such as Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc.
- VHI Healthcare Cover
- Life Assurance
- Pension Contribution
- Training & Educational Assistance (Engineers Ireland CPD Members)
- Annual GP Check-Up
- Extra Annual Leave
- Healthcare Screening
LotusWorks is a trusted partner to the world’s leading companies in Europe and North America for over three decades. Our technical and engineering talent work on client sites to support world-class manufacturing. LotusWorks is a multi-award-winning company and has been recognized as a Great Place to Work since 2016.
For more information on this job or building your career with LotusWorks, call our Talent Specialist’s on +353 71 91 69 783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LotusWorks is proud to be listed a GPTW Best Workplaces 2017-2022.
LotusWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.