- Location: Galway, Co. Galway
- Sector: Medical Device
- Duration: Permanent
What’s In It For You?
- Recognition And Reward
- Inclusive And Diverse Culture
- Career Development And Progression
- Global Client Projects
- Global Travel Opportunities
- Benefits Especially For You – Pension Contribution, Health Insurance, Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Work With The Most Innovative Technologies
LotusWorks exists to support world-leading organisations with engineering and technical expertise for over 34 years. LotusWorks work in partnership with its clients specialising in Commissioning, Calibration and Operations and Maintenance work scopes.
Our 650+ strong staff work across 24 locations in EMEA & North America gaining exposure to the very latest technologies and innovations. At LotusWorks, we believe that embracing a diverse and inclusive culture is integral to our people first strategy. With people from 20 unique nationalities throughout our teams across the globe, we are proud of the diverse array of cultures and continuously ensure employees culture is recognised and celebrated throughout the business.
We lead by putting our people first and we are dedicated to supporting employees in developing their careers within the company, so that each LotusWorker can reach their full potential.
Your Job Purpose:
As an Electrical Design Engineer working with the LotusWorks team, you will join our client site in the Medical Device sector. This job is based in a cutting-edge facility in Galway, Co. Galway.
You will provide Electrical and Safety Design expertise to the Equipment Engineering department in the design, manufacture, documentation, and continuous improvement of equipment to produce medical devices.
Your Job Description:
- Generation of equipment electrical designs which meet manufacturing, safety, CE, and performance requirements.
- Proactively and continuously ensure potential safety risks are addressed and ensure equipment meets CE marking standards.
- Work closely with internal engineers to understand their equipment requirements.
- Work closely with internal and external machine build vendors in order to ensure that any equipment supplied is built according to client specifications and is properly handed over to manufacturing.
- Ensure equipment solutions are delivered within planned schedules and within budget.
- Ensure documentation/drawing standards for equipment meet client requirements.
- As part of the design team, this person is expected to work closely with both internal and external specialists to complete equipment related projects.
- Build quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Participates in and leads the use of lean and continuous improvement tools in equipment designs and engineering systems.
- Support continuous improvement activities.
- Provide technical guidance/leadership to the equipment build team.
- PSPI/CI/VIP opportunity identification and collation.
- Candidates are required to hold an Engineering qualification equivalent to or above NFQ Level 7 with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the design and build of equipment for the medical device industry.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD Electrical, and design of pneumatic circuits.
- Proven ability to design and commission electrical and pneumatic control panels for automated equipment.
- Proven ability to assess and remediate equipment safety issues.
- Good technical capabilities, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team and on own with minimum supervision.
- Good communication skills combined with an imaginative and creative approach to problem solving.
Proud To Be:
- 7 Consecutive Years A Great Place To Work
- 5 Consecutive Years Deloitte Best Managed Company
- Culturally Diverse Workforce
Benefits Just For You:
- VHI Healthcare Cover
- Life Assurance
- Pension Contribution
- Training And Educational Assistance
- Annual GP Check-Up
- Extra Annual Leave
- Healthcare Screening
- Recognition Rewards