As an Electrical Commissioning Engineer working with the LotusWorks Cx team, you will be responsible for electrical commissioning activities in a mission critical test environment. This role will be based out of Dublin with travel to projects in Europe.
- Perform design review of electrical scope as part of the Level 0 scope of work.
- Attend factory witness tests as required to inspect and verify electrical equipment prior to shipment to site.
- Carry out QAQC inspections of field installations on site and verify conformance to design drawings and specification.
- Generate test procedures/test scripts and switching plans for LV and MV systems.
- Coordinate commissioning activities and execute testing for L4 and IST with vendors, contractors, and operations to ensure equipment meets the design intent and operates per the sequence of operations.
- Maintain good communication and strong relationship with client and their representatives.
- Provide technical guidance and direction on electrical-related matters such as, but not limited to electrical safety, isolation of energy, safe working practices.
- Document daily operational activities.
- Attend technical meetings with members of the design team, contractors, and in-house project team.
- Carry out document control, recording & transmitting information utilising File Key.
- Carry out quality control through inspections and punch lists including walking down of P&ID’s, and layout drawings.
- Document and record issues in the project automated commissioning management software.
- Qualified electrical technician with further education and training awards council “FETAC”, or time served industrial electrician or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of post-training experience on large scale industrial projects. (Data Centre experience strongly desirable).
- Medium voltage experience essential. (AP/SAP experience desirable).
- Excellent technical knowledge and ability. Experience with LV and MV Switchgear, transformers, UPS units, VSD’s, safety systems and interlocks.
- Proven track record of leadership of teams with 10 personnel or more.
- Excellent people management and coordination skills.
- Strong IT Skills. Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook etc. (Familiarity with Field management software desirable. Oracle Latista e.g.).
- Mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates.
- Excellent language and writing skills.
- Safe pass and manual handling certification.
- VHI Healthcare Cover
- Life Assurance
- Pension Contribution
- Training & Educational Assistance (Engineers Ireland CPD Members)
- Annual GP Check-Up
- Extra Annual Leave
- Healthcare Screening
LotusWorks is a trusted partner to the world’s leading companies in Europe and North America since 1989. Our technical and engineering talent work on client sites to support world-class manufacturing. LotusWorks is a multi-award-winning company and is recognised as a Great Place to Work.
For more information on this job or building your career with LotusWorks, call our Talent Specialist’s on +353 71 91 69 783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LotusWorks is proud to be listed a GPTW Best Workplaces 2017-2022.
LotusWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.