Your Job Purpose:
As a Calibration Technician working with the LotusWorks team, you will join our client site in the medical devices sector. This job is based in a cutting edge- facility in Cork.
You will be involved in the Setup, calibration, and troubleshooting of temperature, pressure, flow, humidity, level, balancing, density, viscosity instrumentation, pH and conductivity analysers, dimensional and measurement equipment and a wide range of other instrumentation.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Complete scheduled calibrations as per client and LotusWorks procedures dimensional, facilities and Process calibration.
- Respond to and assist production on faulty and unscheduled equipment which has failed or is out of spec., in order to keep production requirements met.
- Interact in a professional manner with client area owners and all Client staff in order to get the preventative and Corrective maintenance activities completed in a compliant and efficient manner.
- Plan equipment down where necessary due to on line calibrations, vendor's availability to come to site etc.
- Follow all procedures with regard overdue / quarantined equipment to ensure compliance from a calibration department point of view.
- Follow Calibration Discrepancy procedures and follow up on items which you have calibrated and have escalated to a calibration discrepancy.
- Follow decommissioning procedures and follow up on items which you have tried to calibrate and have escalated to an unfixable situation.
- Suggest continuous improvement suggestions for processes and calibration activities.
- Assist EHSQ monthly audits and investigations as required.
- Maintain all documentation in an organised and controlled manner in compliance with GAMP and FDA.
- Work with team personnel as required to facilitate calibration activities.
- Qualified Craft Technician (Instrumentation) or metrology qualification.
- City & Guilds 225 Parts 1, 2 & 3, or Level 6 or higher in Industrial Automation & Controls, Applied Physics and Instrumentation, or Metrology.
- 3 years working experience in industry, preferably in a medical Device or relevant GMP manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and engineering documentation.
- Excellent communicator.
- Capable of successfully working within a team while having the initiative to self-resolve issues.
- Literacy in Computer Operating Systems and applications such as Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- VHI Healthcare Cover
- Life Assurance
- Pension Contribution
- Training & Educational Assistance (Engineers Ireland CPD Members)
- Annual GP Check-Up
- Extra Annual Leave
- Healthcare Screening
LotusWorks is a trusted partner to the world’s leading companies in Europe and North America for over three decades. Our technical and engineering talent work on client sites to support world-class manufacturing. LotusWorks is a multi-award-winning company and has been recognized as a Great Place to Work since 2016.
For more information on this Calibration Technician job or building your career with LotusWorks, call our Talent Specialist’s on +353 71 91 69 783 or email email@example.com.
LotusWorks is proud to be listed a GPTW Best Workplaces 2017-2022.
LotusWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.