Data Center Commissioning Systems Experience
- Commissioning of Electrical and HVAC systems that support mission-critical datacenters including but not limited to: (MV) Medium Voltage Switchgear, ATS’(Automatic Transfer Switches), 480V Switchboards & Motor Control Centres, 3MW Transformers and Emergency Generators, PDUs (Power Distribution Units), RPP’s (Reactor Power Panels), Aggregate Reactors, UPS’ (Uninterruptable Power Supplies), Rack Busway, AHU’s (Air Handling Units), CRACs (Computer Room Air Conditioners), Cooling systems, Water Pump Skids, Heat Exchangers, Humidifiers, Transfer Fans, Exhaust Fans and all associated BMS systems.
- Experienced working on data center owner facilities of up to a 3.2million sq. ft across eight campus buildings
Data Center Commissioning Project Scopes Include:
- Management and project engineering support for all commissioning and QAQC activities in a live mission-critical facility
- Third-party CxA management, vendor management, QAQC, scheduling, preconstruction planning, project closeout, incomplete utility systems at the time of testing
- Pre-commissioning field reports
- Factory acceptance tests
- Equipment interfaces understood and tested
- Commissioning lists
- Issue resolution meetings
Level of Data Center Commissioning
LotusWorks’ most successful projects to date have been those where our expert technical teams were involved in all levels of the commissioning process.
- Level 0 – Design Review
- Level 1 – Factory Acceptance Testing
- Level 2 – Installation Verification
- Level 3 – Start Up Pre Functional Tests
- Level 4 – Functional Tests
- Level 5 – Integrated Tests
Commissioning will lower the risk of failure and ensures the system works as an integrated whole. By performing phase 5- Integrated Systems Testing (IST), the entire facility is tested under full load and in failure scenarios and all components and systems verified. The facilities projects we’ve completed are fully commissioned – tested in failure, safety, emergency & unplanned test modes.
Benefits experienced when engaging expert Data Centre Commissioning Teams
- Planning and Project Management: Projects experience fewer change orders, delays, and rework, avoiding the considerable costs of late occupancy, liquidated damages, extended equipment rentals, and other costs associated with delays – fewer deficiencies through L1 – L5
- Integrates System Testing: LotusWorks perform sophisticated processes and tests to verify that all facility components work together as an integrated system. The client experiences comprehensive data capture on the integrated systems, ensuring traceability and managing equipment/instrument lifecycles
- Risk Elimination: Enhancing risk elimination by addressing installation quality issues ensures fewer change orders, fast issue resolution and eliminates project delays
- Experienced Technical Teams: LotusWorks also provide Operations & Maintenance teams who can hit the ground running due to familiarization with the facility, instruments and equipment after the commissioning process has concluded, allowing data center sustaining work to be carried out quickly and efficiently
- LEED Certification: Commissioning is a requirement for LEED certification. The LotusWorks LEED accredited teams can assist clients in creating energy-efficient facilities and meeting environmental standards
LotusWorks Datacenter Commissioning Services offer data center owners two main advantages: commissioning during various facility phases and providing expert operations and maintenance teams once the facility is commercially operational.
LotusWorks focuses on verifying that critical support systems, such as the power system, cooling system, and IT infrastructure, are designed for maximum uptime to ensure data center availability.
LotusWorks has commissioned a range of systems, including Electrical, HVAC, MV Switchgear, ATS, UPS, AHU, CRACs, Cooling systems, Humidifiers, Fans, and associated BMS systems, among others.
LotusWorks has worked on data center owner facilities spanning up to a massive 3.2 million sq. ft across eight campus buildings.
The project scopes encompass management and project engineering support, third-party CxA management, pre-commissioning reports, factory acceptance tests, equipment interface tests, commissioning lists, and issue resolution meetings.
LotusWorks’ technical teams are involved in all levels, from design review, factory acceptance testing, installation verification, start-up level testing, functional tests, to integrated testing.
Top Quality Commissioning
“This is one of the best installations I have seen yet. All parts of the commissioning process were met. From our pre-walk inspections and punch-list to the final inspection. A pleasure to work with! Please extend our appreciation to your team.”
Chief Electrical Inspector, Client Datacenter Facility
Contact Our Commissioning Team
What do you most enjoy about being on the LotusWorks Talent Team?
It’s a great feeling when you take someone through the whole recruitment process successfully. Not only have you helped the candidate secure a great job, but you’ve also helped the company by providing a great addition to the team!