Sector/Industry: Semiconductor Construction & Commissioning
Location: Israel, Kiryat Gat
Project Duration: 3 to 5 years
Partnership Commenced: September 2021
Solution: Commissioning & Start-up Services
The $12.5 billion Semiconductor manufacturing facility, the leader in the local electronics and information industry, incorporates a full 161Kv electrical supply substation station – the largest in Israel, along with a Gas & Chemical yard, two central utilities buildings system, and all required utilities. The LotusWorks team has been actively engaged in this project since its inception, undertaking tasks including developing and executing the commissioning plan, implementing various processes, and creating pre-commissioning and functional acceptance test scripts. Currently, the team is focused on the start-up and commissioning phase, ensuring that the client facility adheres to the design specifications while operating with utmost efficiency and safety.
- Commissioning & Start-up services, ensuring a comprehensive update throughout the entire project.
- LotusWorks team of 15 discipline leads supported by 40 Commissioning engineers and technicians providing all start-up services to the client.
- Development, implementation, and execution of Commissioning software systems.
- Execution of all Commissioning steps across the program from construction through to client turnover.
- Energisation and energisation control across all systems including:
- Instrumentation & Controls
- Ultrapure Systems
- Key Areas offering client support.
- Development of individual site-specific commissioning and start-up procedures in line with design intent, construction-specific drawings, submittals, specifications, sequence of operations, and process & system integration
- Developing first-of-a-kind commissioning processes and system start-up Matrices all with the goal of minimising start-up durations and mitigating downtime.
- Execute Functional Acceptance Tests of facility systems, which include:
- Cooling Tower & condenser water systems
- Chillers and Chilled water system
- Boiler and heating hot water systems
- CDA compressors and Dryers
- MV and LV Electrical substations and Switchgear
- Makeup Air handlers
- General and Fab Exhaust fans and ductwork
- Scrubbers and VOC units
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Development of a detailed Commissioning Plan outlining the processes and steps on how commissioning activities will be executed
- Removal of design faults due to full assessment and quick identification of obstacles before they become major issues to the client in the construction phase as a result of LotusWorks’ broad knowledge and experience -minimising any disruption to the end-user experience.
- Identification and mitigation of errors within design and construction due to full assessment and quick identification of obstacles before they become major issues to the client in the construction phase as a result of LotusWorks’ broad knowledge and experience -minimising any disruption to the end-user experience
- LotusWorks commissioning experts are quality assurance professionals that keeps the project focused on your goals as facility owner, from start to finish, in order to realise the full potential of the facility
- The culture of continuous improvement within LotusWorks means that our client experiences the best of value-add improvement from our teams.
- Careful selection of the teams onsite has led to the placement of individuals who are a good cultural fit for the client site enabling them to integrate quickly into the client teams
- The team anticipate that all systems will be operational, enabling LotusWorks and the client to commence operations by January 2025.
- By April 2025, the LotusWorks team aim to have the completed MEP scope
- The LotusWorks team is fostering a culture of collaboration, engaging with stakeholders, subcontractors, and suppliers in a proactive manner. Effective communication channels facilitated swift issue resolution and streamlined decision-making